What is a Fire Detection System?
Detecting and extinguishing a fire sooner can mean the difference between life and death - because every second counts. It can also determine how much damage is caused to your property.
A fire detection system is an arrangement of fire protection devices put in place to detect fire as early as possible.
Our fire detection and warning systems range includes:
- Fire control panels
- Detectors – including thermal, smoke, flame and gas detectors
- Emergency Warning Intercommunication System (EWIS)
- Evacuation speakers - audio and visual
- Intercommunication equipment
- Air sampling
Service and maintenance of your Fire Detection System – what you need to know
As the manager or owner of the building, it’s your responsibility to ensure your fire detection system will work in an emergency. Here's a few things you need to be aware of:
- All aspects of your fire detection system must be inspected yearly
- Certain components of your fire detection system must be inspected and tested every month; such as the fire alarm, smoke detectors and warning tones
- Every year, a complete evaluation of your fire system should be carried out. It’s a good idea to do this sooner if you have renovated or the use of rooms has changed because your current fire detection system may no longer suit your needs.
To book a technician or discuss your fire protection needs
Call us on 07 5531 1099 or email email@example.com